LaGrave CRC 107 LaGrave Ave SE
May 19, 2016 7:00 p.m.
- When arriving, delegates should present credentials to the clerk, put on a name tag and pick up any new reports and materials. First time delegates should contact the clerk to sign the Covenant for Officebearers in the Christian Reformed Church.
- Roll call of delegates – Stated Clerk.
- Declaration that Classis is constituted. Delegates and guests are welcomed. Dr. Randy Blacketer serves as chairperson and Ken Van Wyk as recording clerk.
- Approval of minutes of January 21, 2016 Classis meeting.
- Appointment of Committees:
- Committee to examine credentials:
- Balloting committee:
- Worship led by host church, followed by presentation by Classical Ministries Committee.
- New Business:
a. Request from Discovery to grant honorable release from ministry for Dr. David
Crump. (Church Order article 14 c)
b. Presentation by Classical Ministries Committee on the upcoming prayer for the lost emphasis in October.
- Elections for Denominational Positions. (Possibly no ballot will be presented)
- Reports of Classical Committees and Servants:
a. Stated Clerk – Ken Van Wyk
b. Interim Committee – Paul Sausser
c. Classical Ministries – Dave Struyk
d. New Church Development – Dave Struyk
e. Spiritual Growth and Prayer – Laurie Zuverink, Bob Boersma
f. Established Church Development – Mike Hoogeboom
g. Classical Ministry Leadership Team – Stephen De Wit
h. Diaconal Committee – Daniel Bud
i. Ann Arbor Campus Ministry
j. CMU Campus Ministry
k. Treasurer – Brenda Bosch
l. Finance Committee – Proposed Budget for 2017-2018 Jerry Zandstra
m. Church Visitors
n. Church Counselors
o. Mentor Reports
p. Regional pastors – Ruth Boven, David Deters
q. Committee to examine the credentials
- Reports of CRCNA Ministries:
a. Unified Missions
b. World Renew
c. Board of Trustees of CRCNA
d. Calvin Theological Seminary
e. Calvin College
f. Back to God Ministries International
g. Other CRCNA ministries
- Expression of thanks to host church.
- Next meeting of Classis will be in the Fall, probably in October, at Providence CRC beginning at 4:00 p.m. Deadline for the agenda is September 13, 2016.
- Adjournment and closing prayer by Chairperson Randy Blacketer.