LaGrave Avenue CRC, the largest (1800+ member) church in our classis seeks a half-time DirectorMinister of Discipleship.
The person is expected to lead a ministry of spiritual formation and small groups with the ultimate goal of creating a connected, caring fellowship of believers and spiritually healthy, growing disciples of Christ.
The ideal candidate will have a thorough grounding in, and commitment to, the Reformed faith, relevant training and experience in spiritual formation and a demonstrated ability to work collegially in a team-based leadership model. Minimum of a bachelor’s degree required. If you are interested in this position please visit the church website for contact information.
Here is the overall job description for this position.
The Minister of Discipleship will lead a ministry of spiritual formation and small groups at LaGrave with the ultimate goal of creating a connected, caring fellowship of believers and spiritually healthy, growing disciples of Christ.
- Heart for Ministry, ordination optional
- Must have a thorough grounding in, and commitment to, the Reformed faith as summarized in the Three Forms of Unity of the CRC
- Must have relevant training and experience in spiritual formation and small groups, with a focus on adults and seniors
- Demonstrated ability to work collegially in a team-based leadership model
- Must have completed a bachelor’s degree.
- Develop/coordinate programs of spiritual nurture designed to help adults grow in all dimensions of their discipleship, including regular adult education classes
- Supervise and develop small groups program
- In conjunction with the Minister of Preaching, develop tools that will allow the congregation to regularly measure their spiritual health and their growth in discipleship
- Develop/Coordinate ministries that help families grow together as disciples of Jesus Christ
- Ensure that LaGrave’s discipleship ministries are always conscious of the unique needs of single members
- Supervise the Service Opportunities Coordinator and Prayer Coordinator and Ministry
- Advise the Spiritual Formation Committee
- Regularly attend church staff meetings
- If ordained, teach and preach as necessary or requested by Council
- Represent LaGrave to the CRC, the church at large, and the community
- Work with staff members in a spirit of mutual respect, support, and encouragement
- Work closely with the Ministerial Staff in defining and delineating specific and cooperative areas of responsibility
- Advise and report to the Executive Committee and the Council
- Participate occasionally in worship services as a liturgist.
- To the Elders in matters of doctrine and life
- To the Executive Committee and Council in performance of duties
through regular participation in staff meetings.
Compensation and Support
- This is a part-time position with benefits and pay commensurate with education and experience
- Appropriate office space and secretarial assistance will be provided
Leave a Reply