Hillside Community Church in Grand Rapids is hiring a full time Director of Worship & Arts!
Share with others!
Send all inquiries and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
MINISTRY TITLE: Director of Worship & Arts
Ministry Purpose: The Director of Worship & Arts is responsible for planning, implementing, evaluating and resourcing, in coordination with the preaching pastors and other ministries, worship that brings glory to God and encourages and shapes believers.
- Lead Worship Planning
- Continue to refine a vision for Hillside Music and Arts Ministries and review it annually during the evaluation process
- Lead the Worship Team and the Creative Planning Team (part of the Worship Team) in planning and evaluating worship services based on the stated vision for worship
- Promote an inter-generational worship atmosphere through music selection, etc.
- Create and arrange music for services at Hillside
- Create and coordinate the weekly details of Sunday worship services
- Lead Worship Teams
- Work on developing leadership skills for worship both personally and to those giving leadership in this area
- Encourage the growth and development of the musical skills of young people and adult volunteers
- Seek to discover and encourage use of musical and artistic gifts in our multi-generational congregation (keyboardists, instrumentalists, vocalists, dance team and drama team)
- Encourage spiritual growth and participate in fellowship among worship team volunteers
- Lead weekly rehearsals
- Technical Responsibilities
- Utilize emerging technologies for visual components of service
- Oversee the distribution of services and events via current social media platforms
- Oversee, recruit, train, encourage and schedule members of the audio-visual team
- Oversee the development and maintenance of audio-visual equipment at Hillside
- Assist with audio visual and worship needs the various ministries meeting during the week
- Make or supervise the making of Sunday ProPresenter presentations and making song sheets for the visually impaired
- Maintain Hillside’s CCLI license and oversee the input of data when necessary
- Edit and arrange digital music components (stems and loops)
- Other Responsibilities
- Resource and support all areas of worship and ministries, e.g. Alpha, Women in the Word, etc.
- Coordinate technical and personnel support for special services, e.g. funerals and weddings
- Create and maintain a budget for worship & arts ministries at Hillside
- Work with ministry directors to develop worship in their respective ministries
- Oversee stage design and seasonal decoration
- Investigate the creation and development of worship teams, i.e. Children’s Choir, Hillside Chorus, Youth Band, brass team, dance and drama teams
- Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings
- Perform such other duties as directed by the Executive Administrator
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION (SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, & EDUCATION)
Responsible to: Executive Administrator. There is a Worship Elder on the Church Council that will serve as a liaison.
Works closely with: Pastors, Hillside Staff, Worship Arts Committee (serve as chairperson), Creative Planning Team, Musicians, Audiovisual team, and other worship ministry volunteers
Time required: 40 hours per week on average. 32 hours per week will be allocated to worship. If the candidate has gifts in either graphic arts and/or IT, 8 remaining hours per week will be allocated in this area(s). Full benefits whether at 32 hours or 40 hours.