Deacon Orientation Training is effective for new deacons, returning deacons, other council members or pastors who are interested in learning what the role of deacon in the church is about.
There is no fee but an RSVP is required to ensure enough materials are available. RSVP to Bernita Tuinenga at email@example.com no later than one week prior to the training date of your choice.
Topics covered include but are not limited to:
- The deacon in the New Testament Church.
- The deacon in Today’s world.
- How to create a strong deacon team.
- How to mobilize your congregation to serve.
- How to meet needs within the congregation and the community.
- Benevolence: How to care beyond the crisis.
- How to serve outside the walls of your church.
- How to lead your congregation on stewardship.
Dates and locations:
- Monday, August 3 Friendship CRC
- Thursday, August 6 Calvary CRC in Wyoming
- Wednesday, August 19 Graafschap in Holland
- Tuesday, August 25 Westend CRC
****All trainings are in the evening from 7pm-9pm.