God is Able
“God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.” 2 Corinthians 9:8
In the third chapter of the first book of the Bible we read these profoundly sad words, “…they hid from the Lord God among the trees of the garden.” Sin had entered the world and the perfect communion of God, and his creatures was severed. But in His grace God had a plan to provide a way back into fellowship and only God is able to make that happen. A sacrifice had to be made and the One sacrificed had to be human yet without sin. God’s only Son, Jesus Christ was the only one who fit those parameters. During Lent we reflect on the final steps that Jesus had to take to make that plan complete. God was indeed able to restore fellowship.
Not only did He restore fellowship, but He continues to equip and empower us in every and all situations. Consider some of the ways the enabling power of God blesses our lives:
- God is able to enfold us in love when we are overwhelmed with loneliness
- God is able to meet all our physical needs – housing, food, transportation, insurance, etc.
- God is able to calm our spirit when we are stressed
- God is able to comfort us when our hearts are broken by harsh words or rejection
- God is able to heal our body and keep us healthy
- God is able to give us strength to persevere when the way seems too tough to carry on
- God is able to forgive us when we mess up
- God is able assure us of a place in eternity as His beloved children
- God is able….
- GOD IS ABLE!!!!!
Lord God, we worship you in all your power and glory. We are profoundly grateful that you are able to meet our every need as well as able to make all grace abound in our lives. Thank you! Amen.
Share this Devotional